Hot summer temperatures can add stress to your commercial kitchen equipment. Especially if they have problems already. Make sure to give your equipment it’s best chance this summer by getting on to your spring cleaning early.
Here are our top 3 tips.
1. Inspect and clean your equipment
Inspecting and cleaning your equipment should be done daily, however it is great to use this time to ensure your equipment is clean and any major or minor faults or damage is repair now before the peak season.
Here is a quick checklist that you can follow:
- Check door seals for rips, tears or damage
- Check for rust or dust build up and clean it, making sure to check vents for excess dust build-up
- Descale your dishwasher, combi oven, and/or coffee machine
- Pull out anything that is on wheels and clean behind it. Making sure to remove food particles and any build up of grease and grime.
- When checking over your equipment, check the sides and clean them and ensure that all plugs are still in good working order.
2. Planned Maintenance
When was the last time you have had your equipment professionally serviced? Your commercial kitchen equipment is like a car and needs to be serviced regularly to ensure that it works properly and efficiently.
A typical planned maintenance check includes a clean and check of your equipment. The technician should provide you with some detail on the quality of the equipment and will provide you with details on any repairs that your equipment may need. Conducting a planned maintenance check before summer can save you down-time and hefty repair costs when something serious does go wrong.
3. Organise a professional exhaust system and canopy clean
Oil and grease build up in your canopy and exhaust system can contribute to serious fire hazards. Ensuring that you hire a qualified professional to clean the entire system is important to reducing the fire risk. Keep yourself, your staff and customers safe and ensure that you have completed a professional clean.
mendr your National Service Provider
As your National service provider of commercial kitchen equipment repairs, we can help you to ensure that your deep fryer, refrigerator or stove is running efficiently. From regular maintenance packages to emergency repairs we are here to help you when you need it.
We don’t currently professionally service canopies and exhaust systems, however a quick google search and some research can get you on your way to hiring a professional for the job.